Time for some healthy competition.
We love challenging our writers. Keep an eye on this space to stay posted about current and upcoming contests. In addition to our Monthly Contests, we also have Themed Contests that are focused on special holidays or events.
Each contest may have different prompts, rules, and prizes. Please make sure that you read all the details carefully!
The theme for our contest this month is Reliefs.
Geographical features such as mountains, valleys, and beaches, are also known as geographical reliefs.
Here’s the prompt:
Pick any geographical relief and write a piece turning that relief into a person.
Having a tough time coming up with ideas? Try reading The River, a Spanish poem by Javier Heraud, which was translated into English by Timothy Allen.
DEADLINE: May 31st, 2018
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the date of the contest deadline. Late entries will not be considered.
- The contest is open to all students registered on The Wandering Raven.
- Students may enter as many contests as they like, but may submit only one entry per contest.
- Any submission that has been a winning submission in a previous contest is not eligible for any other contest.
- Pieces may be of any length, but every piece MUST have a title.
- When you’re ready to submit your piece, make sure it adheres to the rules of the contest. Then, email your submission to email@example.com
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the date of the contest deadline. Late entries will not be considered.
- In the subject of your email, type in the following information: FULL NAME- CONTEST TITLE. (Example: Trishanya Raju- Relief Contest)
- In the body of your email, mention the title of your piece.
- The submission must be attached as a single PDF or Word document.
- The contest is sponsored and judged by The Wandering Raven. The decisions of the judges are final. The judges may choose no winner for a particular contest if they find no submission that, in their estimation, merits award.
- Winning entries will be announced on the website, and winners will also be contacted directly.
- Winners in each contest will be featured on our Writer’s Spotlight. The winning submission will also be published on the website.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Next Theme
This space is where you’ll find information about the upcoming contest. You won’t get to see the prompt until the contest has opened, but you will get to see the theme of the contest, which should help you start thinking about some great ideas.
While you think about what that means to you, details about the upcoming contest will be released on June 7th, 2018.