The low-down on all our courses.
The Wandering Raven provides members of our community with a comprehensive study of some of the most important nuts and bolts of writing, as well as introductions to a broad range of creative writing elements, through our six courses.
Each module of our courses comes with:
- Assignments: no submission dates, and the student can submit assignments online to receive personalized feedback.
- Additional Feedback: After receiving feedback on an assignment once, and improving that story or poem, if a student decides that he or she wants more feedback on the same assignment, then please feel free to purchase an additional feedback option from our online store.
- Reading lists: this reading list is optional. The stories and poems on this list are just to supplement the material the students learn through the videos.
- Handouts: these handouts provide summaries and more examples about the material in each module.
- New Words list: for our younger students, we provide a hard words list that introduces our young students to new words that they may come across while watching our videos and reading our content. These new words lists include definitions and example sentences to help they understand the meanings better.
- Forums: Students have the opportunity to communicate with teachers and other students through the community forums on our website. They can ask questions or discuss material they’ve learned.
The Crash Course is a half-length course that provides an overview of the basics of creative writing. We suggest taking our Crash Course if you aren’t ready to commit to a full course, and want to see how each of our courses work. Besides having fewer modules than our full-length courses, the Crash Course is identical in quality of content and assignments.
Coming November 2018!