Mission and Vision
At The Wandering Raven, you will learn to:
- Demonstrate originality, clarity of expression, and an ability to understand and express ideas in written form.
- Use precise language, domain-specific vocabulary, and techniques such as metaphor, simile, and analogy to manage the complexity of the topic and achieve unity, express understanding and engage a reader’s interest.
- Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, literary devices, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- Confront the various issues inherent in the practice of creative writing, such as the tension between differing prose and poetry styles, the stance of personal voice and vision, and the importance of reflective/creative approaches to experience.
- Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on- one, in groups, or teacher-led) with diverse partners on topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
- Have fun with your writing! What’s the point of putting your heart and soul into something if you don’t enjoy doing it? Through our courses, we want to inculcate within you a passion and joy for writing, which we hope you will spread amongst other people.