Given below are open positions that The Wandering Raven is looking to fill up. Apply for the ones you feel you’re best suited for and we’ll take it from there.
If you don’t see a position you like, send us your resume and a cover letter explaining the things you love to do, and we’ll see if we can find you something on our team.
The primary responsibility of the Teaching Assistant will be to provide students with comprehensive and constructive feedback on each of their assignments. Students will engage with material about creative writing through videos and online content on our website. Each course has a series of modules that should help students produce one quality sample of writing to add to their portfolios. It is important to note that the student community will have students from the ages of 8 and above. In light of this, it is important that Teaching Assistants provide age-appropriate feedback to the students, in concise and easy to understand English.
Duties and responsibilities
- To prepare comprehensive and constructive feedback to student assignments.
- To provide feedback based on the instructor’s guidelines.
- To complete designated assignment feedback work in a timely manner so students receive their assignments on a regular schedule.
- To raise concerns and provide feedback to the instructor regarding students’ performance.
- To inform instructors or administrators of subject material that raises concern for the well-being of a student.
We encourage teaching assistants to keep in mind that employment with The Wandering Raven is precisely that: employment. Though it is a remote opportunity, with this job comes responsibilities and expectations. To avoid misunderstandings, please remember the following general considerations.
Teaching assistants are an important component of The Wandering Raven’s community, and we expect them to act responsibly and professionally. Very basic expectations include:
- Being polite and courteous at all times
- Seeking to be helpful, both to The Wandering Raven’s team and to students of our community
- Being prompt when communicating with teammates
- Completing all assigned work in a timely and conscientious manner.
- Must be respectful, courteous, prompt, and completely dependable.
- Must possess or be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher at an accredited university, with a major/ minor or demonstrable strong background in English or Creative Writing.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Excellent understanding of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Creative, trustworthy, passionate about education and writing, excellent communication skills, organized, and flexible.
- Reliable access to a laptop and internet connection.